Setting & Participants
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Projecting the number of patients with end-stage renal disease in the United States to the year 2015.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005; 16: 3736-3741
- US Renal Data System.in: USRDS 2008 Annual Data Report: Atlas of Chronic Kidney Disease and End-Stage Renal Disease in the United States. National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, MD2008
- KDOQI Clinical Practice Guidelines.Accessed March 17, 2011)
- US Renal Data System.in: USRDS 2007 Annual Data Report: Atlas of Chronic Kidney Disease and End-Stage Renal Disease in the United States. National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, MD2007
- Comparison of causes of death using HEMO Study and HCFA end-stage renal disease death notification classification systems.Am J Kidney Dis. 2002; 39: 146-153
- Conversion between bromcresol green- and bromcresol purple-measured albumin in renal disease.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2001; 16: 1925-1929
- Nutrition and mortality in hemodialysis.J Am Soc Nephrol. 1995; 6: 1329-1341
- Can malnutrition in predialysis patients be prevented by dietetic intervention?.J Ren Nutr. 2001; 11: 161-165
- Implementation of standardized nutrition guidelines by renal dietitians is associated with improved nutrition status.J Ren Nutr. 2009; 19: 136-144
- More dietetic time, better outcome?.Nephron Clin Pract. 2008; 109: c173-c180
- The urea reduction ratio and serum albumin concentration as predictors of mortality in patients undergoing hemodialysis.N Engl J Med. 1993; 329: 1001-1006
- Reassessment of albumin as a nutritional marker in kidney disease.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 21: 223-230
- Effect of prescribing a high protein diet and increasing the dose of dialysis on nutrition in stable chronic haemodialysis patients: a randomized, controlled trial.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004; 19: 1212-1223
- Nutrition counseling impacts serum albumin levels.J Ren Nutr. 2004; 14: 143-148
- Improving albumin levels among hemodialysis patients: a community-based randomized controlled trial.Am J Kidney Dis. 2006; 48: 28-36
- Association of serum phosphorus and calcium x phosphate product with mortality risk in chronic hemodialysis patients: a national study.Am J Kidney Dis. 1998; 31: 607-617
- Dietitian-led education program to improve phosphate control in a single-center hemodialysis population.J Ren Nutr. 2009; 19: 314-320
- The effect of diet education on the laboratory values and knowledge of hemodialysis patients with hyperphosphatemia.J Ren Nutr. 2004; 14: 36-44
Originally published online June 30, 2011.
This is a US Government Work. There are no restrictions on its use.