Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Psychiatric disturbance leading to potassium depletion, sodium depletion, raised plasma-renin concentration, and secondary hyperaldosteronism.Lancet. 1968; 1: 257-261
- Complications of laxative abuse.Annu Rev Med. 1996; 47: 127-134
- No More Kidney Stones.John Wiley & Sons Inc, Hoboken, NJ2007
- Anorexia nervosa and nephrolithiasis.J Adolesc Health Care. 1984; 5: 50-52
- Too little water intake causing nephrolithiasis, revealed by too much water!.Pediatrics. 1999; 104: 578-579
- Kidney stones in anorexia nervosa: a case report and review of the literature.Eat Weight Disord. 2003; 8: 332-335
- A case of ammonium urate urinary stones with anorexia nervosa.Acta Urologica Japonica. 2000; 46: 627-629
- Laxative abuse as a cause for ammonium urate renal calculi.J Urol. 1990; 143: 244-247
- The kidney in potassium depletion.Am J Med. 1958; 24: 764-773
- Urinary concentrating ability and antidiuretic hormone responsiveness in the potassium-depleted dog.J Lab Clin Med. 1982; 100: 53-60
- 2009 Homer W. Smith Award: minerals in motion: from new ion transporters to new concepts.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 21: 1263-1269
- Enhanced passive Ca2+ reabsorption and reduced Mg2+ channel abundance explains thiazide-induced hypocalciuria and hypomagnesemia.J Clin Invest. 2005; 115: 1651-1658
- New insights into the pathogenesis of idiopathic hypercalciuria.Semin Nephrol. 2008; 28: 120-132
- Diagnosis of magnesium-induced diarrhea.N Engl J Med. 1991; 324: 1012-1017
- Renal magnesium handling: new insights in understanding old problems.Kidney Int. 1997; 52: 1180-1195
- Low urinary citrate: an overview.J Nephrol. 2010; 23: S49-S56
Originally published online May 7, 2012.