Setting & Participants
- Mineral metabolism, mortality, and morbidity in maintenance hemodialysis.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004; 15: 2208-2218
- Coronary-artery calcification in young adults with end-stage renal disease who are undergoing dialysis.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 1478-1483
- Association of elevated serum PO(4), Ca x PO(4) product, and parathyroid hormone with cardiac mortality risk in chronic hemodialysis patients.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2001; 12: 2131-2138
- Determinants of progressive vascular calcification in haemodialysis patients.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004; 19: 1489-1496
- Calcium phosphate crystals induce cell death in human vascular smooth muscle cells: a potential mechanism in atherosclerotic plaque destabilization.Circ Res. 2008; 103: e28-e34
- New phosphate binding agents: ferric compounds.J Am Soc Nephrol. 1999; 10: 1274-1280
- An open-label, crossover study of a new phosphate-binding agent in haemodialysis patients: ferric citrate.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2002; 17: 265-270
Sika M, Koury M, Smith M, et al. Evaluation of ferric citrate as a phosphate binder in dialysis patients requiring high doses of phosphate binders. ASN Renal Week; October 27-November 1, 2009; San Diego, California. Abstract TH-PO361.
- A 58-week safety and efficacy trial of ferric citrate in patients with ESRD on dialysis.Accessed April 1, 2012)
Originally published online January 31, 2013.