Setting & Participants
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Chronic kidney disease.Lancet. 2012; 379: 165-180
- The contribution of chronic kidney disease to the global burden of major noncommunicable diseases.Kidney Int. 2011; 80: 1258-1270
- The growing burden of chronic kidney disease in Pakistan.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 995-997
- Chronic kidney disease in India: challenges and solutions.Nephron Clin Pract. 2009; 111 (discussion c203): c197-c203
- CKD and poverty: a growing global challenge.Am J Kidney Dis. 2009; 53: 166-174
- Renal function-based contrast dosing to define safe limits of radiographic contrast media in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary interventions.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 58: 907-914
- Implementation of automated reporting of estimated glomerular filtration rate among Veterans Affairs laboratories: a retrospective study.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2012; 12: 69
- Estimating glomerular filtration rate.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2009; 47: 1017-1019
Miller G. Current status of reporting eGFR. http://www.cap.org/apps/docs/committees/chemistry/current_status_reporting_egfr_09.pdf. Accessed March 14, 2013.
- Prevalence of estimated GFR reporting among US clinical laboratories.Am J Kidney Dis. 2008; 52: 778-787
- A national audit of estimated glomerular filtration rate and proteinuria reporting in the UK.Ann Clin Biochem. 2011; 48: 558-561
British Medical Association. Chronic Kidney Disease FAQs. http://www.nhsemployers.org/SiteCollectionDocuments/Chronic_Kidney_Disease_FAQs_cd_110209.pdf. Accessed March 14, 2013.
- Comparison of risk prediction using the CKD-EPI equation and the MDRD Study equation for estimated glomerular filtration rate.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1941-1951
- Estimating equations for glomerular filtration rate in the era of creatinine standardization: a systematic review.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 156 (W-270-W-278): 785-795
- Serum creatinine as marker of kidney function in South Asians: a study of reduced GFR in adults in Pakistan.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005; 16: 1413-1419
- Level and determinants of kidney function in a South Asian population in Pakistan.Am J Kidney Dis. 2011; 58: 764-772
- Expressing the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease Study equation for estimating glomerular filtration rate with standardized serum creatinine values.Clin Chem. 2007; 53: 766-772
- Bootstrapping: A Nonparametric Approach to Statistical Inference (Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences).Sage Publications Inc, Newbury Park, CA1993
- Bootstrap Methods and Their Application (Cambridge Series in Statistical and Probabilistic Mathematics, No 1).Cambridge University Press, New York, NY1997
- Multivariable prognostic models: issues in developing models, evaluating assumptions and adequacy, and measuring and reducing errors.Stat Med. 1996; 15: 361-387
- KDIGO 2012 Clinical Practice Guideline for the Evaluation and Management of Chronic Kidney Disease.Kidney Int Suppl. 2013; 3(1): 1-150
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
- Modification of the CKD Epidemiology Collaboration (CKD-EPI) equation for Japanese: accuracy and use for population estimates.Am J Kidney Dis. 2010; 56: 32-38
- The need for robust validation for MDRD-based glomerular filtration rate estimation in various CKD populations.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2011; 26: 2780-2785
- GFR estimating equations in a multiethnic Asian population.Am J Kidney Dis. 2011; 58: 56-63
- Modified glomerular filtration rate estimating equation for Chinese patients with chronic kidney disease.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006; 17: 2937-2944
- Revised equations for estimated GFR from serum creatinine in Japan.Am J Kidney Dis. 2009; 53: 982-992
- Evaluation of the Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology Collaboration equation for estimating the glomerular filtration rate in multiple ethnicities.Kidney Int. 2011; 79: 555-562
- Comparison of estimating equations for the prediction of glomerular filtration rate in kidney donors before and after kidney donation.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e60720
- GFR Estimation in Japan and China: what accounts for the difference?.Am J Kidney Dis. 2009; 53: 932-935
- Application of GFR-estimating equations in Chinese patients with chronic kidney disease.Am J Kidney Dis. 2005; 45: 463-472
- Estimating glomerular filtration rate from serum creatinine and cystatin C.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 20-29
Because an author of this manuscript is an editor for AJKD, the peer-review and decision-making processes were handled entirely by an Associate Editor (Kunitoshi Iseki, MD) who served as Acting Editor-in-Chief. Details of the journal’s procedures for potential editor conflicts are given in the Editorial Policies section of the AJKD website.