Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Systematic barriers to the effective delivery of home dialysis in the United States: a report from the Public Policy/Advocacy Committee of the North American Chapter of the International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis.Am J Kidney Dis. 2011; 58: 879-885
- Peritoneal dialysis: an underutilized modality.Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 2010; 19: 573-577
- Peritoneal dialysis and preservation of residual renal function.Perit Dial Int. 2009; 2: S108-S110
- Predictors of loss of residual renal function among new dialysis patients.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2000; 11: 556-564
- Dialysis composite rate bundling: potential effects on the utilization of home hemodialysis, daily and nocturnal hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis.Semin Dial. 2011; 24: 674-677
- Economic evaluation of dialysis therapies.Semin Nephrol. 2009; 29: 524-532
- US Renal Data System 2012 annual data report.Am J Kidney Dis. 2013; 61: e1-e480
- Hemodialysis vascular access modifies the association between dialysis modality and survival.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011; 22: 1113-1121
- Why do patients known to renal services still undergo urgent dialysis initiation? A cross-sectional survey.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2007; 22: 3240-3245
- Differences between dialysis modality selection and initiation.Am J Kidney Dis. 2012; 59: 550-557
- Urgent-start peritoneal dialysis: report from a U.S. private nephrology practice.Adv Perit Dial. 2012; 28: 102-105
- Is rapid initiation of peritoneal dialysis feasible in unplanned dialysis patients? A single-centre experience.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008; 23: 3290-3294
- Urgent-start peritoneal dialysis: a quality improvement report.Am J Kidney Dis. 2012; 59: 400-408
Moran J, Shapiro M, Ghafferi A, Milligan T, Swanzy K. Urgent-start peritoneal dialysis: a clinical process improvement report. Presented at: 33rd Annual Dialysis Conference; Seattle, WA; March 9-12, 2013.
McClernon M. Rapid PD start: single-center experience in 30 patients—nursing perspective. Presented at: 33rd Annual Dialysis Conference. Seattle, WA; 2013.
Balsera C, Majirsky J, Malone L. Urgent start program: an alternative protocol. Presented at: 33rd Annual Dialysis Conference. Seattle, WA; 2013.
Hartley J. Rapid PD start: single-center experiences in 30 patients—administrator perspective. Presented at: 33rd Annual Dialysis Conference. Seattle, WA; 2013.
Jayavelu B, Cohen R, Kumar V. Rapid-start PD: single center experience in 30 patients—clinical perspective. Presented at: 33rd Annual Dialysis Conference. Seattle, WA; 2013.
Ludden R. Rapid PD start: single-center experience in thirty patients—renal dietician's perspective. Presented at: 33rd Annual Dialysis Conference. Seattle, WA; 2013.
Flanigan S. Rapid PD start: single-center experience in 30 patients—social worker perspective. Presented at: 33rd Annual Dialysis Conference. Seattle, WA; 2013.
- How to start the late referred ESRD patient urgently on chronic APD.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2006; 21: ii56-ii59
- Urgent Start.Baxter Healthcare Corp, McGaw Park, IL2009
- An analysis of dialysis training in the United States and Canada.Am J Kidney Dis. 2002; 40: 152-160
- A survey-based evaluation of self-perceived competency after nephrology fellowship training.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 5: 490-496
- Home dialysis in the new USA bundled payment plan: implications and impact.Perit Dial Int. 2011; 31: 12-16
- Medicare program; end-stage renal disease prospective payment system. Final rule.Fed Regist. 2010; 75: 49029-49214
- Training of surgeons in peritoneal dialysis catheter placement in the United States: a national survey.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 5: 1439-1446
- Immediate initiation of CAPD following percutaneous catheter placement without break-in procedure.Perit Dial Int. 2007; 27: 179-183
- Three purse-string sutures allow immediate start of peritoneal dialysis with a low incidence of leakage.Semin Dial. 2003; 16: 346-348
Society for Education and Research in Peritoneal Access Surgery. PD University for Surgeons. http://pdaccesssurgery.org/index.html. Accessed June 24, 2013.
Wong LP, Yamamoto KT, Reddy V, et al. Patient education and care for peritoneal dialysis catheter placement: a quality improvement study [published online ahead of print July 1, 2013]. Perit Dial Int. http://dx.doi.org/10.3747/pdi.2012.00190.
- Perspectives of patients, families, and health care professionals on decision-making about dialysis modality—the good, the bad, and the misunderstandings!.Perit Dial Int. 2012; 33: 280-289
- The perspectives of adults living with peritoneal dialysis: thematic synthesis of qualitative studies.Am J Kidney Dis. 2012; 61: 873-888