Setting & Participants
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
PubMed [Internet]. Bethesda, MD: National Library of Medicine (US). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed. Accessed February 5, 2014.
- Key MEDLINE Indicators. National Library of Medicine (US), Bethesda, MD2013
- Obstacles to answering doctors’ questions about patient care with evidence: qualitative study.BMJ. 2002; 324: 710
- Answering physicians’ clinical questions: obstacles and potential solutions.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2005; 12: 217-224
- Information seeking in primary care: how physicians choose which clinical questions to pursue and which to leave unanswered.Med Decis Making. 1995; 15: 113
- Unanswered questions prompted during pediatric primary care visits.Ambul Pediatr. 2007; 7: 396-400
- Chronic kidney disease: global dimension and perspectives.Lancet. 2013; 382: 260-272
- Chronic kidney disease: what’s in a name?.CANNT J. 2009; 19: 19-22
- Chronic renal confusion: insufficiency, failure, dysfunction, or disease.Am J Kidney Dis. 2000; 36: 415-418
- K/DOQI clinical practice guidelines for chronic kidney disease: evaluation, classification, and stratification.Am J Kidney Dis. 2002; 39: S1-S266
- Lost in publication: half of all renal practice evidence is published in non-renal journals.Kidney Int. 2006; 70: 1995-2005
- Robustness of empirical search strategies for clinical content in MEDLINE.Proc AMIA Symp. 2002; : 904-908
- MEDLINE clinical queries are robust when searching in recent publishing years.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2013; 20: 363-368
- Sample size determination for bibliographic retrieval studies.BMC Med Inform Decis Making. 2008; 8: 43
- Kidney transplantation search filters for PubMed, Ovid Medline, and EMBASE.Transplantation. 2012; 93: 460-466
National Library of Medicine. MeSH Browser. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/MBrowser.html. Accessed February 5, 2014.
- Permuted Medical Subject Headings.US Dept of Commerce, National Technical Information Center, Bethesda, MD2003
- EMTREE Thesaurus.Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam, the Netherlands2001
- SNOMED Clinical Terms. Version 2006.2.0030.International Health Terminology Standards Development Organization, Copenhagen, Denmark2006
- Handbook of Dialysis.Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA2007
- The Kidney.5th ed. WB Saunders, Philadelphia, PA1996
- Handbook of Kidney Transplantation.Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA2001
- Clinical Nephrology.Dustri-Verlag, München-Deisenhofen2006
National Kidney Foundation. KDOQI guidelines. http://www.kidney.org/professionals/kdoqi/guidelines_commentaries.cfm. Accessed February 5, 2014.
- Statins for improving renal outcomes: a meta-analysis.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006; 17: 2006-2016
- Meta-analysis: intradermal vs. intramuscular vaccination against hepatitis B virus in patients with chronic kidney disease.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2006; 24: 497-506
- Progression of chronic kidney disease: the role of blood pressure control, proteinuria, and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition: a patient-level meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2003; 139: 244-252
- Meta-analysis: vitamin D compounds in chronic kidney disease.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 147: 840-853
- Aldosterone antagonists for preventing the progression of chronic kidney disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009; 4: 542-551
- High-performance information search filters for acute kidney injury content in PubMed, Ovid Medline and EMBASE.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2014; 29: 823-832
- Dialysis search filters for PubMed, Ovid MEDLINE, and EMBASE databases.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012; 7: 1624-1631
- Glomerular disease search filters for Pubmed, Ovid Medline, and EMBASE: a development and validation study.BMC Med Inform Decis Making. 2012; 12: 49
- Filtering MEDLINE for a clinical discipline: diagnostic test assessment framework.BMJ. 2009; 339: b3435
- Optimal search strategies for retrieving scientifically strong studies of treatment from MEDLINE: analytical survey.BMJ. 2005; 330: 1179