Setting & Participants
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Canadian Institute for Health Information. Canadian Organ Replacement Registry: Dialysis and Renal Transplantation. Ottawa, ON, Canada: Canadian Institute for Health Research; 2005.
Team RN. First Nations Regional Longitudinal Health Survey (RHS) 2002/03: Results for Adults, Youth, and Children Living in First Nations Communities. Ottawa, ON, Canada: First Nations Centre; 2007:69-76.
- Mechanisms of renal disease in indigenous populations: influences at work in Canadian indigenous peoples.Nephrology. 2001; 6: 3-7
Canadian Organ Replacement Register (CORR). Canadian Institute for Health Information website. http://www.cihi.ca/CIHI-ext-portal/internet/en/document/types+of+care/specialized+services/organ+replacements/corr_metadata. Accessed May 7, 2014.
- Bioethics for clinicians: 18. Aboriginal cultures.CMAJ. 2000; 163: 845-850
- An epidemic of renal failure among Australian aboriginals.Med J Australia. 1998; 168: 537-541
- Fatal attraction: do high-technology treatments for end-stage renal disease benefit aboriginal patients in Central Australia?.Aust J Public Health. 1995; 19: 603-609
- Native Canadians relocating for renal dialysis. Psychosocial and cultural issues.Can Fam Physician. 1994; 40: 1934-1941
- Perceptives on health: experiences of First Nations dialysis patients relocated from remote communities for treatment.Can J Rural Med. 2003; 8: 19-24
- Death and renal transplantation among aboriginal people undergoing dialysis.CMAJ. 2004; 171: 577-582
- Awareness and attitudes of northwest Native Americans regarding organ donation and transplantation.Clin Transplant. 1992; 6: 436-442
- Wait-listing for kidney transplantation among aboriginal hemodialysis patients.Am J Kidney Dis. 2005; 46: 1117-1123
- Association between residence location and likelihood of kidney transplantation in aboriginal patients treated with dialysis in Canada.Kidney Int. 2006; 70: 924-930
- Residence location and likelihood of kidney transplantation.CMAJ. 2006; 175: 478-482
- They really want to go back home, they hate it here: the importance of place in Canadian health professionals' views on the barriers facing aboriginal patients accessing kidney transplants.Health Place. 2009; 15: 390-393
- Knowledge, beliefs, and behaviors regarding organ and tissue donation in selected tribal college communities.J Community Health. 2013; 38: 734-740
- Canadian Council for Donation and Transplantation.Public Awareness and Attitudes on Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation Including Donation After Cardiac Death. Canadian Council for Donation and Transplantation, Ottawa, ON, Canada2005
- Sociocultural perspective on organ and tissue donation among reservation-dwelling American Indian adults.Ethnic Health. 2005; 10: 341-354
- Racial differences in coping with the need for kidney transplantation and willingness to ask for live organ donation.Am J Kidney Dis. 2006; 47: 324-331
- Designing and Conducting Mixed Methods Research.Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA2007
- Public awareness of organ donation.CMAJ. 1988; 138: 237-239
- Procuring donor organs: firm but friendly encouragement required.CMAJ. 1986; 134: 932-937
- Comparison of statistical approaches to evaluate factors associated with metabolic syndrome.J Clin Hypertens. 2010; 12: 365-373
- Case Study Research: Design and Methods.3rd ed. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA2003
- Critical realism and health promotion: effective practice needs an effective theory.Health Educ Res. 2001; 16: 115-119
- Place effects on health: how can we conseptualise, operationalise, and measure them?.Soc Sci Med. 2002; 55: 125-139
- The social determinants of the incidence and management of type 2 diabetes mellitus: are we prepared to rethink our questions and redirect our research activities.Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2003; 16: 4-5
- National Evaluation of Health Action Zones.Department of Health, Stirling, UK1999
- Pre-retirement Health Check Pilots.Health Development Agency, London, UK2002
- Attitudes and opinions on organ donation: an opportunity to educate in a Canadian city.Clin Transplant. 2010; 24: E223-E229
- Influence of religion and spiritual values on the willingness of Chinese-Americans to donate organs for transplantation.Clin Transplant. 2000; 14: 449-456
- Cultural beliefs of Americans as barriers to organ donation.J Transplant Coordination. 1994; 4: 146-150
- Minority attitudes toward organ donation.Crit Care Nurse. 1996; 16: 30-35
- Understanding disparities in donor behaviour: race and gender differences in willingness to donate blood and cadaveric organs.Med Care. 2002; 40: 85-95
- Attitudes to kidney donation and registering as a donor among ethnic groups in the UK.J Public Health UK. 2006; 28: 226-234
- Chinese-Canadian beliefs toward organ donation.Qual Health Res. 2005; 15: 82-98
- End-of-life issues for aboriginal patients: a literature review.Can Fam Physician. 2007; 53: 1459-1465
- Native ethics and rules of behaviour.Can J Psychiatry. 1990; 35: 534-539
- Living anonymous kidney donation: what does the public think?.Transplantation. 2001; 71: 1690-1696
House of Commons, Standing Committee on Health. Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation. A Canadian Approach, April 1999. Ottawa, ON, Canada: House of Commons, Standing Committee on Health; 1999.
- A Coordinated and Comprehensive Donation and Transplantation Strategy for Canada.Health Canada, Ottawa, ON, Canada1999
- Government Response to the Report of the Standing Committee on Health, Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation. A Canadian Approach, September 1999.Health Canada, Ottawa, ON, Canada1999