Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The next GME accreditation system—rationale and benefits.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1051-1056
The Internal Medicine Subspecialty Milestones Project: a joint initiative of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and the American Board of Internal Medicine, in collaboration with the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine. October 2014. http://acgme.org/acgmeweb/Portals/0/PDFs/Milestones/InternalMedicineSubspecialtyMilestones.pdf. Accessed December 16, 2014.
Vasilias J, Arrighi JA. Residency Review Committee for Internal Medicine (RRC-IM) update. APDIM fall meeting, October 2013. https://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Portals/0/PFAssets/Presentations/140_APDIM_Oct2013_RCIM_Update.pdf. Accessed March 1, 2014.
Nephrology Curricular Milestones: implementation draft. American Society of Nephrology Training Program Directors. May 2014. https://www.asn-online.org/education/training/tpd/ASN_Nephrology_Curricular_Milestones.pdf Accessed August 28, 2014.
American Society of Nephrology Training Program Directors Toolkit. https://www.asn-online.org/education/training/tpd/toolkit.aspx. Accessed September 2, 2014.
Next Accreditation System: milestones. The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. http://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/tabid/430/ProgramandInstitutionalAccreditation/NextAccreditationSystem/Milestones.aspx. Accessed December 26, 2014.
- Milestones for nephrology training programs: a modest proposal.Am J Kidney Dis. 2013; 62: 1034-1038
- Expanding the role of objectively structured clinical examinations in nephrology training.Am J Kidney Dis. 2014; 63: 906-912
- Assessing achievement in nephrology training: using clinic chart audits to quantitatively screen competency.Am J Kidney Dis. 2014; 64: 737-743
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). ESRD QIP summary: payment years 2012-2016. http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/ESRDQIP/Downloads/ESRD-QIP-Sumary-PY2012-16.pdf. Accessed September 2, 2014.
University of Washington Department of Laboratory Medicine. Online training and competency assessment for the clinical lab and point of care. http://www.medtraining.org. Accessed February 14, 2015.
- Mastery learning of temporary hemodialysis catheter insertion by nephrology fellows using simulation technology and deliberate practice.Am J Kidney Dis. 2009; 54: 70-76
- The radar graph: the development of an educational tool to demonstrate resident competency.J Grad Med Educ. 2012; 4: 220-226
- Mind over machine.in: Five Steps From Novice to Expert. Free Press, New York, NY1986: 16-51
- Charting the road to competence: developmental milestones for internal medicine residency training.J Grad Med Educ. 2009; 1: 5-20
- Measurement of surgical performance for delivery of a competency-based training curriculum.in: Athanasoiu T. Debas H. Darzi A. Key Topics in Surgical Research and Methodology. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany2010: 115-126
- Using the Dreyfus model of skill acquisition to describe and interpret skill acquisition and clinical judgment in nursing practice and education.Bull Sci Technol Soc. 2004; 24: 188-199
- The Dreyfus model of clinical problem-solving skills acquisition: a critical perspective.Med Educ Online. 2010; 15: 1-11
- From the educational bench to the clinical bedside: translating the Dreyfus developmental model to the learning of clinical skills.Acad Med. 2008; 83: 761-767
- The role of assessment in competency-based medical education.Med Teach. 2010; 32: 676-682
- Evaluating obstetrical residency programs using patient outcomes.JAMA. 2009; 302: 1277-1283
- Big bad data: law, public health, and biomedical databases.J Law Med Ethics. 2013; 41: 56-60
- Challenges of big data analysis.Natl Sci Rev. 2014; 193: 293-314