Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Septicemia in the United States dialysis population, 1991 to 1999.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004; 15: 1038-1045
- Bacteremia in patients on chronic hemodialysis: A multicenter prospective survey.Nephron. 1992; 64: 95-100
- Vascular access results from the Dialysis Outcomes and Practice Patterns Study (DOPPS): Performance against Kidney Disease Outcomes Quality Initiative (K/DOQI) Clinical Practice Guidelines.Am J Kidney Dis. 2004; 44: S22-S26
- A shot in the arm.Nature. 2004; 431: 892-893
- Salicylic acid attenuates virulence in endovascular infections by targeting global regulatory pathways in Staphylococcus aureus.J Clin Invest. 2003; 112: 222-233
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of the salicylates.Clin Pharmacokinet. 1985; 10: 164-177
- Infective endocarditis in dialysis patients: New challenges and old.Kidney Int. 2003; 64: 720-727
- Catheter-related bacteremia and outcome of attempted catheter salvage in patients undergoing hemodialysis.Ann Intern Med. 1997; 127: 275-280
- Infective endocarditis: A frequent disease in dialysis patients.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004; 19: 1360-1362
- Guidelines for the management of intravascular catheter-related infections.Clin Infect Dis. 2001; 32: 1249-1272
- Diagnosis and management of catheter-related bloodstream infections due to Staphylococcus aureus.Intern Med J. 2005; 35: S45-S62
- Positive intravenous line tip cultures as predictors of bacteremia.J Hosp Infect. 1998; 40: 35-38
- Embolische Komplikationen bei bakterieller Endokarditis.Z Kardiol. 1997; 86: 1017-1025
- Aspirin to prevent growth of vegetations and cerebral emboli in infective endocarditis.J Intern Med. 1992; 231: 543-546
- A randomized trial of aspirin on the risk of embolic events in patients with infective endocarditis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 42: 775-780
- Platelet-active drugs: The relationships among dose, effectiveness, and side effects.Chest. 2004; 126: S234-S264
- Nasal carriage of Staphylococcus aureus and prevention of nosocomial infections.Infection. 2004; 33: 3-8
- A prospective study of complications associated with cuffed, tunneled haemodialysis catheters.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2001; 16: 2194-2200
- Staphylococcus aureus infections in diabetic patients.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 1995; 9: 11-24
- K/DOQI Clinical Practice Guidelines for Cardiovascular Disease in Dialysis Patients.Am J Kidney Dis. 2005; 45: S1-S153
- Acetylsalicylic acid reduces vegetation bacterial density, hematogenous bacterial dissemination, and frequency of embolic events in experimental staphylococcus aureus endocarditis through antiplatelet and antibacterial effects.Circulation. 1999; 99: 2791-2797
Originally published online as doi:10.1053/j.ajkd.2006.12.014 on February 1, 2007.
Support: A.S.B. is supported by NIH grant AI-39108, and A.L.C. is supported by NIH grant AI-37142. Potential conflicts of interest: None.