Setting & Population
Study Perspective & Timeframe
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Early dialysis in renal substitutive programs.Kidney Int Suppl. 1978; 8: S112-S116
- Late referral to maintenance dialysis: detrimental consequences.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 1993; 8: 1089-1093
- Urea kinetics and when to commence dialysis.Am J Nephrol. 1995; 15: 283-289
- The Initiating Dialysis Early and Late (IDEAL) Study: study rationale and design.Perit Dial Int. 2004; 24: 176-181
- A randomized, controlled trial of early versus late initiation of dialysis.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 609-619
- OECD StatExtracts.Accessed December 9, 2010)
- The Assessment of Quality of Life (AQoL) instrument: a psychometric measure of health-related quality of life.Qual Life Res. 1999; 8: 209-224
- Measurement of the quality of life for economic evaluation and the Assessment of Quality of Life (AQoL) Mark 2 Instrument.Aust Econ Rev. 2004; 37: 62-88
- Comparison and validation of three measures of quality of life in patients with pulmonary hypertension.Int Med J. 2006; 36: 705-710
- The MOS 36-Item Short-Form Health Survey (SF-36).Med Care. 1992; 30: 473-483
Australian Bureau of Statistics. 1995 National Health Survey—SF-36 Population Norms. ABS Catalogue No. 43990; Canberra 1997.
- Estimating medical costs with censored data.Biometrika. 2000; 87: 329-343
- An Introduction to the Bootstrap.Chapman & Hall, New York, NY1993
- Cost effectiveness thresholds.Accessed April 22, 2010)
- Analysis, sample size, and power for estimating incremental net health benefit from clinical trial data.Control Clin Trials. 2001; 22: 228-237
- Cost-benefit analysis of supplemented very low-protein diet versus dialysis in elderly CKD5 patients.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2010; 25: 907-913
- The cost of renal dialysis in a UK setting—a multicentre study.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008; 23: 1982-1989
- The financial implications for Medicare of greater use of peritoneal dialysis.Clin Ther. 2009; 31: 880-888
- The economic burden of end-stage renal disease in Canada.Kidney Int. 2007; 9: 1045-1047
- An empiric estimate of the value of life: updating the renal dialysis cost-effectiveness standard.Value Health. 2009; 12: 80-87
- Health economic evaluations: the special case of end-stage renal disease treatment.Med Decis Making. 2002; 22: 417-430
- Appraising life-extending, end of life treatments.Accessed December 2, 2010.)
- The role of value for money in public insurance coverage decisions for drugs in Australia: a retrospective analysis 1994-2004.Med Decis Making. 2008; 28: 713-722
- Changes in quality of life during hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatment: generic and disease specific measures.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004; 15: 743-753
Originally published online February 24, 2011.