Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Can quality of life be improved for the increasing numbers of older patients with end-stage kidney disease?.Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res. 2010; 10: 661-666
- Renal insufficiency as a predictor of cardiovascular outcomes and mortality in elderly individuals.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 41: 1364-1372
- Rapid kidney function decline and mortality risk in older adults.Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 2212-2218
- Measuring the health status burden in hemodialysis patients using the SF-36(R) health survey.Qual Life Res. 2011; 20: 383-389
- Pill burden, adherence, hyperphosphatemia, and quality of life in maintenance dialysis patients.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009; 4: 1089-1096
- USRDS 2011 Annual Data Report: Atlas of Chronic Kidney Disease and End-Stage Renal Disease in the United States. Vol 2. National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, MD2011: e208 (e282)
- Chronic kidney disease: the distribution of health care dollars.Kidney Int. 2004; 66: 313-321
- Timing of nephrologist referral and arteriovenous access use: the CHOICE Study.Am J Kidney Dis. 2001; 38: 494-501
- Impact of timing of nephrology referral and pre-ESRD care on mortality risk among new ESRD patients in the United States.Am J Kidney Dis. 2003; 41: 310-318
- The timely construction of arteriovenous fistulae: a key to reducing morbidity and mortality and to improving cost management.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2005; 20: 598-603
- End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Disease Management Demonstration Evaluation Report: Findings From 2006-2008, the First Three Years of a Five-Year Demonstration, Prepared for The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.2010
- The ESRD Demonstration Project: what it accomplished.Nephrol News Issues. 2011; 25: 39-41
- The ESRD Demonstration Project: what it accomplished.Nephrol News Issues. 2011; 25 (34-35, 37-38): 32
- Making good on ACOs' promise—the final rule for the Medicare shared savings program.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 1753-1756
HR 4872, Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act, enacted March 29, 2010:5.
- AHA Research Synthesis Report: Accountable Care Organizations.American Hospital Association, Chicago, ILJune 2010
HR 3590, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Enacted March 22, 2010.
- Highlights: 2009.Accessed July 27, 2011)
- Compilation of the Social Security Laws.
- Fistula First Breakthrough 2011.Accessed October 15, 2011)
- Medicare coverage of kidney dialysis and kidney transplant services.in: 2011: 12Accessed October 13, 2011)
HR 6331, The Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 (MIPPA), enacted on July 15, 2008.
- End-stage renal disease prospective payment system.Fed Regist. 2010; 75: 49029-49214
- Finding the case mix adjusters in the CMS proposed bundle.Nephrol News Issues. 2009; 10: 34-38
- The 2009 proposed rule for prospective ESRD payment: perspectives from a large dialysis organization.Am J Kidney Dis. 2010; 55: 223-226
- End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System and Quality Incentive Program .Fed Regist. 2011; 76 (Accessed December 10, 2011): 70228-70318
- Physician Organization in Relation to Quality and Efficiency of Care: A Synthesis of Recent Literature.(Commonwealth Fund pub. no. 1121) The Commonwealth Fund, New York, NYApril 2008
- Medicare shared savings program: accountable care organizations.Fed Regist. 2011; 76: 67802-67990
- State legislation opposing certain health reforms, 2009-2010, National Conference of State Legislatures.http://www.ncsl.org/?tabid=18906(Accessed October 10, 2011)Date: 2010
- A national strategy to put accountable care into practice.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 982-990
- The ACO rules—striking the balance between participation and transformative potential.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: e6
- Lessons from the physician group practice demonstration—a sobering reflection.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 1659-1661
- Fact sheet: Medicare Physician Group Practice Demonstration: physicians groups continue to improve quality and generate savings under Medicare physician pay for performance demonstration.Accessed September 15, 2011)
- Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Savings Program, Congressional Research Service, CRS Report for Congress 7-5700, R41474.2010
- Predialysis nephrologic care and a functioning arteriovenous fistula at entry are associated with better survival in incident hemodialysis patients: an observational cohort study.Am J Kidney Dis. 2004; 43: 999-1007
- An integrated review of “unplanned” dialysis initiation: reframing the terminology to “suboptimal” initiation.BMC Nephrol. 2009; 10: 22
- Association of initial hemodialysis vascular access with patient-reported health status and quality of life.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007; 2: 708-714
- Early intervention improves mortality and hospitalization rates in incident hemodialysis patients: RightStart program.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007; 2: 1170-1175
- Effect of IMPACT Program on Clinical Indicators of Incident Hemodialysis Patients.European Renal Association-European Dialysis and Transplant Association, Munich, Germany2010
- Medication-related problems in ambulatory hemodialysis patients: a pooled analysis.Am J Kidney Dis. 2005; 46: 669-680
- USRDS 2010 Annual Data Report: Atlas of Chronic Kidney Disease and End-Stage Renal Disease in the United States. Vol 2. National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, MD2010: s269-s280
- [CMS 5003-N] RIN 0938-ZA39 Medicare Program; Demonstration: End-Stage Renal Disease-Disease Management.Fed Regist. 2003; 68 (notice): 33495
- Old age, new technology and future innovations in disease management and home health care.Home Health Care Manage Pract. 2006; 18: 196-207
- Disease management in chronic kidney disease.Adv Chronic Kidney Dis. Jan 2008; 15: 19-28
Originally published online March 29, 2012.