Setting & Participants
Outcomes & Measurements
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Association of initial hemodialysis vascular access with patient-reported health status and quality of life.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007; 2: 708-714
- Current management of vascular access.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007; 2: 786-800
- Vascular access practice patterns in the New Zealand hemodialysis population.Am J Kidney Dis. 2004; 43: 696-704
- Vascular access and increased risk of death among hemodialysis patients.Kidney Int. 2002; 62: 620
- A randomized trial comparing buttonhole with rope ladder needling in conventional hemodialysis patients.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012; 7: 1632-1638
- Needle infiltration of arteriovenous fistulae in hemodialysis: risk factors and consequences.Am J Kidney Dis. 2006; 47: 1020-1026
- Clinical practice guidelines for vascular access.Am J Kidney Dis. 2006; 48: S176-S247
- Chapter 4: vascular access.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006; 17: S16-S23
- Arteriovenous fistula cannulation by buttonhole technique using dull needle.Braz J Nephrol. 2010; 32: 281-285
- Vascular changes at the puncture segments of arteriovenous fistula for hemodialysis access.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 669-673
- Infectious complications following conversion to buttonhole cannulation of native arteriovenous fistulas: a quality improvement report.Am J Kidney Dis. 2011; 57: 442-448
- Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia and buttonhole cannulation: long-term safety and efficacy of mupirocin prophylaxis.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 5: 1047-1053
- The buttonhole technique: strategies to reduce infections.Nephrol Nurs J. 2010; 37: 473-477
- Canadian Society of Nephrology guidelines for the management of patients with ESRD treated with intensive hemodialysis.Am J Kidney Dis. 2013; 26: 465-475
- Effect of buttonhole cannulation with a polycarbonate peg on in-center hemodialysis fistula outcomes: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Kidney Dis. 2013; 62: 81-88
Trial registration: www.controlled-trials.com; study number: ISRCTN94795553.