Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Peripheral arterial disease and renal transplantation.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006; 17: 2056-2068
- Presence of cardiovascular disease in patients on a waiting list for renal transplantation and in patients after kidney transplantation in a single center.Transplant Proc. 2010; 42: 3450-3454
- Risk factors for graft loss and mortality after renal transplantation according to recipient age: a prospective multicentre study.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012; 27: iv39-iv46
- Long-term survival in renal transplant recipients with graft function.Kidney Int. 2000; 57: 307-313
- The changing causes of graft loss and death after kidney transplantation.Transplantation. 2002; 73: 1923-1928
- Reduction in cardiovascular death after kidney transplantation.Transplantation. 2010; 89: 851-857
- Canadian Society of Transplantation: consensus guidelines on eligibility for kidney transplantation.CMAJ. 2005; 173: S1-S25
- Renal Association clinical practice guideline on the assessment of the potential kidney transplant recipient.Nephron Clin Pract. 2011; 118: c209-c224
- The analysis of failure times in the presence of competing risks.Biometrics. 1978; 34: 541-554
- A proportional hazards model for the subdistribution of a competing risk.J Am Stat Assoc. 1999; 94: 496-509
- Peripheral arterial disease in patients with end-stage renal disease: observations from the Dialysis Outcomes and Practice Patterns Study (DOPPS).Circulation. 2006; 114: 1914-1922
- Kidney disease as a risk factor for development of cardiovascular disease: a statement from the American Heart Association Councils on Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease, High Blood Pressure Research, Clinical Cardiology, and Epidemiology and Prevention.Circulation. 2003; 108: 2154-2169
- The impact of co-morbid risk factors at the start of dialysis upon the survival of ESRD patients.ASAIO J. 1996; 42: 164-169
- Chronic kidney disease and mortality risk: a systematic review.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006; 17: 2034-2047
- Chronic kidney disease and the risk of end-stage renal disease versus death.J Gen Intern Med. 2011; 26: 379-385
- USRDS 2007 Annual Data Report: Atlas of Chronic Kidney Disease and End-Stage Renal Disease in the United States.National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, MD2007
- Acute myocardial infarction and kidney transplantation.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006; 17: 900-907
- Cardiovascular disease in transplant recipients: current and future treatment strategies.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008; 3: S29-S37
- Comorbid conditions in kidney transplantation: association with graft and patient survival.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005; 16: 3437-3444
- Baseline comorbidity in kidney transplant recipients: a comparison of comorbidity indices.Am J Kidney Dis. 2005; 46: 136-142
- A high comorbidity score should not be a contraindication for kidney transplantation.Transplantation. 2016; 100: 400-406
Complete author and article information provided before references.
Authors’ Full Names and Academic Degrees: Wai H. Lim, PhD, David W. Johnson, PhD, Carmel M. Hawley, FRACP, Elaine Pascoe, MBiostat, and Germaine Wong, PhD.
Authors’ Contributions: Study conception and design: WHL, GW; data acquisition or analysis: WHL, GW; data interpretation: all authors. Each author contributed important intellectual content during manuscript drafting or revision and accepts accountability for the overall work by ensuring that questions pertaining to the accuracy or integrity of any portion of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
Support: Dr Lim is supported by a Clinical Research Fellowship from the Raine Foundation, University of Western Australia and Health Department of Western Australia. Dr Johnson is supported by a National Health and Medical Research Council Practitioner Fellowship. The funders had no role in study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript.
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no other relevant financial interests